JUNIOR FINANCIAL CONTROLLER
|Aantal uren per week||40 uur|
Junior Financial Controller
The ZDHC Foundation oversees the implementation of the Roadmap to Zero Programme and is a global industry collaboration within the sports, fashion, luxury, and outdoor industries. The ZDHC vision is widespread implementation of sustainable chemistry, driving innovations and best practices in the textile, apparel, leather, and footwear industries to protect consumers, workers and the environment. Through collaborative engagement, standard-setting, and large-scale implementation, ZDHC advances the industry towards zero discharge of hazardous chemicals. ZDHC takes a holistic approach to sustainable chemical management and enables tangible progress in the broader industry through the delivery of guidelines, platforms and solutions, including capacity building and innovation projects.
The Junior Financial Controller will support the ZDHC Group Financial Controller in managing accounting records and operations, ensuring compliance with financial regulations, preparing financial statements and reports, analysing financial data, monitoring expenditures, auditing processes, and ensuring the accuracy of financial information.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Supporting the preparation of financial reports.
- Supporting the preparation of income statements.
- Analysing financial data.
- Monitoring and evolving internal controls.
- Supporting the budgeting processes.
- Managing financial transactions.
- Producing proposals for streamlining accounting functions and operations.
- Managing and supporting the development of ZDHC financial policies and processes.
- Supporting ZDHC staff worldwide to understand and use effectively ZDHC financial policies and processes.
- Evaluating and managing risk.
- Supporting audit processes.
ZDHC Specific Attributes
- Able to manage multiple work activities and deliver results in a timely and efficient manner.
- Able to establish strong positive relationships with relevant stakeholders.
- Goal orientated, results-driven whilst also being a confident communicator.
- Self-driven and motivated.
- Team player – able to operate in a fast-paced environment, with individuals from different backgrounds - a good team player with an international background.
- Able to initiate work activities that may not specifically be identified in this job description.
- Flexible with a high tolerance for ambiguity.
- Proactive - easily takes responsibility for results and work activities that may not be described in the job description.
- Practical and pragmatic - exhibit a ‘can do’ attitude that is solution orientated.
- Able to work with individuals from a range of different cultural backgrounds – a good team player with an international background.
- Strong analytical ability to interpret information and translate it into solutions and/or improvements.
The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of financial experience within the Dutch not-for-profit sector. Further, the Junior Financial Controller will possess exceptional numerical and financial proficiency to support ZDHC in maintaining positive revenue and financial growth, formulating sound financial policies and processes, evolving and implementing internal controls for ZDHC to achieve its organisational strategy and targets. ZDHC is a growth organisation and the successful candidate would be anticipated to grow in their career at ZDHC.
Our preference is for a candidate living and working in the Netherlands. Candidates from other countries will only be considered if they have the right to live and work in the EU. Please specify your current work permit situation in your covering letter and note that this hiring process is not supported by a relocation package to move to the Netherlands.
Apply via the application form on our website.